I asked nothing, only stood at the edge of the wood behind the tree. |
我一无所求,只站在林边树后。 |
Languor was still upon the eyes of the dawn, and the dew in the air. |
倦意还逗留在黎明的眼上,露润在空气里。 |
The lazy smell of the damp grass hung in the thin mist above the earth. |
湿草的懒味悬垂在地面的薄雾中。 |
Under the banyan tree you were milking the cow with your hands, tender and fresh as butter. |
在榕树下你用乳油般柔嫩的手挤着牛奶。 |
And I was standing still. |
我沉静地站立着。 |
I did not say a word. It was the bird that sang unseen from the thicket. |
我没有说出一个字。那是藏起的鸟儿在密叶中歌唱。 |
The mango tree was shedding its flowers upon the village road, and the bees came humming one by one. |
芒果树在树径上撒着繁花,蜜蜂一只一只地嗡嗡飞来。 |
On the side of the pond the gate of Shiva’s temple was open and the worshipper had begun his chants. |
池塘边湿婆天的庙门开了,朝拜者开始诵经。 |
With the vessel on your lap you were milking the cow. |
你把罐儿放在膝上挤着牛奶。 |
I stood with my empty can. |
我提着空桶站立着。 |
I did not come near you. |
我没有走近你。 |
The sky woke with the sound of the gong at the temple. |
天空和庙里的锣声一同醒起。 |
The dust was raised in the road from the hoofs of the driven cattle. |
街尘在驱走的牛蹄下飞扬。 |
With the gurgling pitchers at their hips, women came from the river. |
把汩汩发响的水瓶搂在腰上,女人们从河边走来。 |
Your bracelets were jingling, and foam brimming over the jar. |
你的钏镯丁当,乳沫溢出罐沿。 |
The morning wore on and I did not come near you. |
晨光渐逝而我没有步近你。 |